• Time frame must be fixed and adhered to.
• The Quality of Local Intelligence should be improved. Befriend and support locals.
Local Intelligence Helps Distinguish Between Terrorist and Noncombatant.
• A Capacity for Synchronized Operations should be increased. They increase Neutralization Rate.
• The Degree of Political Will and Resolve to terminate this problem should be developed.
• Surgically neutralize as many terrorists as possible,
• As quickly as possible,
• For as long as possible.
• Keep a veil of secrecy. Keep media away. Their reporting alerts the Maoists.
• Increase spending and development in the naxal areas.
• NREGA should be honestly implemented.
• No Atrocities should be committed by the Forces on villagers.
• Recruit camp boys, cooks, sweepers etc from local population.
• All Political parties should unitedly battle the enemy. Isolate and expose those parties who are soft towards Naxals. Brandish them as traitors.
.Unleash a propaganda war. Broadcast over Radio and TV, drop Pamphlets from helicopters- urging the Maoists to see the futility of such a war. Appeal them for Surrender and promise rehabilitation.
.Publicise Security Forces' strikes. Update score card on daily basis. Terrify the enemy.
.Allow usage of sophisticated weapons.
Government have prepared a Plan to deal with the problem. The salient features of the policy are as follows:• Deal sternly with the Naxals indulging in violence
• Address the problem simultaneously on political, security and development fronts.
• Ensure inter-state coordination in dealing with the problem
• Accord priority to faster socio-economic development in the Naxal areas
• supplement the efforts and resources of the affected states on both security and
• Promote local resistance groups against the Naxals
• Use mass media to highlight the futility of Naxal violence and the loss of life and
property caused by it
• Have a proper surrender and rehabilitation policy for the Naxals
• Affected states not to have any peace dialogue with the Naxal groups unless the
latter agree to give up violence and arms.
Hope this does not stay on Paper only and is implemented in true sense!
It would thus appear that the factors which gave rise to Naxalism – the extent of poverty,uneven development, poor governance, neglect of land reforms, rising unemployment and tribals getting a raw deal - are, unfortunately, very much present today also. Unless these basic issues are sincerely addressed, a security-centric approach by itself would not be enough to deal with the problem.